Monday, August 22, 2005

Vacumming Completely Nude In Paradise

{left} The Airrider. A supreme combination of air and vacuum....

As most will know, I am in the final throws (read: last 2 months) of my honours thesis at the lovely Monash Gippy. Honours is nice, shiny, blingin' and fun. Honours is also a pain in the arse, tiring, intense and makes you miss TV.

I have always prided myself at not being continually suckered into television on a nightly basis, picking and choosing the really good shows (Spooks, House, West Wing, Spicks and Specks, Glass House, The O.C etc) as opposed to saturating myself with the overly crap ones. Alas now, at this stage, I cannot even do that. And this point was hammered home to me hard this morning, after a very early morning of redrafting, when I spotted tonight's classic movie on the lovable SBS.

MOVIE - DRAMA - VACUUMING COMPLETELY NUDE IN PARADISE
A would-be DJ takes a job hawking vacuum cleaners to make ends meet and finds himself working with maniac salesman Tommy Ragg, who will stoop to any level to make a sale. Directed by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting) and stars Michael Begley, Kate Cavanagh and Timothy Spall. (From the UK, in English) (2001) M


How good does that sound? So from now on, I will be keeping a weekly list of the amount of hours of TV I will miss because of this honours thesis. I will not go overboard, but instead choose the shows I would like to watch, plus one random one for fun.

Stay tuned...

Posted by Dave The Hat :: 10:43 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------