Thursday, July 14, 2005

Dance Of The Song Title Fairies


Following on from MoaMahH Episode 1 ("Every Good Beginning"), I have furthered my quest to find more creative and unique song titles out there, and came up with another band - and one of the few current ones - that deserves entry into the song title hall of fame. That band is Washington based indie-pop group Death Cab For Cutie. Yes they were making music BEFORE that OC gig. And with album titles like "We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes" and "You Can Play These Songs With Chords", I think we have found ourselves another bastion of hope against dull song titles!

And while my memory is jogged, I think we should put Cake in there too. "Sheep Go To Heaven" is a classic, and they had many more interestingly titled songs. I can recommend a trip to www.gracenote.com and doing a search for them to further your education.

Posted by Dave The Hat :: 10:24 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------